Summary of The Regulation 6.41.4 NMAC
This is a reminder that as of July 1, 2001, any employee transporting students in a school-owned vehicle must comply with Regulation 6.41.4 NMAC . No staff member should transport students in their own personal vehicle. A school owned vehicle should NOT be used to transport students To and From school.
The following is a brief summary of the regulation:
- Driver must be an employee of the district.
- Driver must have a current New Mexico driver's license.
- Driver license record will be checked by Transportation Department.
- Driver must have a physical examination.
- Driver must complete a criminal background check. (When you are hired this is done)
- Driver must comply with substance and alcohol testing.
- Driver must complete twelve hours of driver training.
- Driver must complete First Aid and CPR courses or have current cards.
- Driver must complete a Defensive Driver's Course/Reasonable Suspicious.
- Driver must complete a Security Training Course (prior to October 1, 2004)
"At the heart of our District is the safety of our passengers and our employees"