The goal of the Gadsden Independent School District department of athletics is to provide the youth of the school district with the opportunity to develop physically, mentally, and emotionally to their maximum potential. This department seeks to achieve high levels of self-esteem and self-respect while emphasizing that athletics must compliment the overall expectations of our educational objectives.
- To strive to develop and maintain a comprehensive athletic program, which seeks the highest development of all participants and respects the individual dignity of every athlete.
- Provide an athletic program that is totally integrated into the educational philosophy of the Gadsden Independent School District.
- Organize and promote an interscholastic athletic program that is in harmony with, and contributes to, the total school program.
- Consider the well-being of the entire student body as fundamental in all decisions and actions.
- Cooperate with the schools and administrative staffs in establishing, implementing, and supporting district policy.
- Provide opportunities for students to exhibit skills and increase participation.
- Provide opportunities to compete with and against others in preparation for a competitive society.