School Board Election
Anthony Area - Mr. Castillo represents the Anthony area east of Three Saints Canal which includes Anthony Center Pre-K, Anthony Elementary (K-6), Berino Elementary (K-6), Loma Linda Elementary (K-6), feeder schools to Gadsden Middle School (7-8) and Gadsden High School (9-12).
Finance Budget Committee
Advisory Board Committee
District 2 Board President
WEST GADSDEN - Mrs. Viramontes represents the central region of Gadsden which includes La Union, Santa Teresa, and a portion of the Riverside area which include La Union Elementary (K-6), Southern On-Track Pre-K, Riverside Elementary (K-6), feeder schools to Santa Teresa Middle School (7-8) and Santa Teresa High School (9-12).
|Claudia I. Rodriguez
District 3 Board Member
NORTH GADSDEN -Ms. Rodriguez represents the northern region of Gadsden which includes the Chamberino, La Mesa, San Miguel and Vado which include La Mesa On-Track Pre-K Center, Mesquite Elementary (K-6), North Valley Elementary and Vado Elementary (K-6) all feeder schools to Gadsden Middle School and Gadsden High School.
Laura Salazar Flores
Chaparral Area - Mrs. Salazar Flores represents the east region of Gadsden which includes Chaparral Elementary (K-6), Desert Trail Elementary (K-6), Sunrise (K-6), Chaparral Middle School (7-8), and Chaparral High School (9-12).
District 1 Board Member
South Gadsden - represents the Anapra, Sunland Park and a portion of the Riverside areas which include Sunland Park Elementary (K-6) and Desert View Elementary (K-6) which are feeder schools for Santa Teresa Middle School (7-8) and Santa Teresa High School (9-12).
- Raise and maintain high expectations for all students and foster a culture of individual responsibility/accountability that applies to every element within the District.
- Expand efforts to increase parental and community/business involvement to cultivate positive relationships throughout the District.
- Offer high-quality student programming that meets the educational needs and interests of our students so that graduates are prepared to compete in a 21st Century global society.
- Ensure fiscal accountability and compliance by adhering to New Mexico Public Education Department report requirements in order that District finances and resources support District goals and meet infrastructure needs.
- Research and implement strategies K-12 that enrich student performance thereby increasing the graduation rate from 86% to 91% leading to an improved graduation rate.
- Expect all campus administrators to hold teachers accountable for implementing all District programs including multicultural and linguistically diverse instructional programs with fidelity.
- Promote effective communication throughout the District and with all stakeholders.
- Embrace technology on all fronts: instruction, personnel, infrastructure, devices, professional development, parent involvement and ensuring availability for students and parents.
- Expand efforts to address the social and emotional learning (SEL) of all stakeholders.